Award-winning comedian Gary Marshall has been a professional now for over 20 years and has established himself as one the most popular comics working on the after-dinner circuit, with his unique style and deadpan delivery it gives him an abundent charm which makes him equally at home with both all male and mixed audiences.
Being a third generation comedian, his Dad Jimmy Marshall (of Granada TV's The Comedians) and Grandad Jock Duncan (a renown Scots comic) you could say comedy runs in the blood. Gary's first TV appearance came in 1988 on "Bob says Opportunity Knocks" - LOST !!!! He must have made a big impression as his next TV break came 9 years later on Sky TV's Stand and Deliver.The following year Gary recorded two series of The Comedians for Sky and a Live TV performance on ITV's Big Big Talent Show - LOST!!!. Victory finally came in 1998 when he won Ready Steady Cook!!!!! - Get In!!!!!
During the last decade Gary has appeared with some of Britain's sporting greats including:
- From the world of football - Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Geoff Hurst, Jack Charlton, Matt Le Tissier and Alan Shearer
- From the world of boxing - Sir Henry Cooper, Frank Bruno, Nigel Benn, Ricky Hatton and Alan Minter
- From the world of rugby - Bill Beaumont, Gareth Edwards, Will Carling, Willie John McBride and Alex Murphy
- From the world of cricket - Geoff Boycott, Ian Botham, Nasser Hussain, Graham Gooch and Fred Trueman
- Other sports include Roger Black, Dame Mary Peters, Steve Davis, John Parrott, John Francome, Ian Woosnam and Graham Poll to name but a few
With football being his main sporting love, Gary is a regular at many of the Premiership, Nationwide and Non-League football clubs performing at club dinners, testimonials and also the corporate side for pre-match entertainment.
When time allows Gary will always accept invitations to play in company/corporate golf days and playing off 18 he can be a useful member of any team (when I say useful its more often than not useless!!!). The majority of Gary's work in the summer months are golf days and he feels being a part of the whole day gives the right impression and also an insight to his audience at night.
Click here to e-mail us about Gary Marshall.